Monday 25 February 2013

Cool Valentine S Day Photo Card images

valentine's day heart cards
valentine s day photo card
Image by elana's pantry
This year, my younger son, E decided to sew his Valentines. His teacher asked each child to bring in just five “cards” to exchange, so I think he’ll be up to this little project of his, which you can see taking shape in the photo above.

More valentines day goodness at www.elanaspantry.com/


Love
valentine s day photo card
Image by graham_alton
Over recent years we've been cooking up something suitable sickly for Valentine's Day. I've also taken to producing a card via photographic imagery, mostly involving using someone else's picture (with permission) and perhaps modifying it before using it on a customised card. This year I decided to make my own picture too.

Created by taking four individual pictures and merging the result. In a darkened room, on a white wall I drew out the shape of each letter with a laser pointer pen repeatedly while shooting a long exposure of the area. As expected, the result is a black background but with the red light captured. I had to experiment a little to get the right settings, counter to what I expected a medium aperture worked best (around F8 or F9 sort of area) where I would have though a wide aperture better. Exposure time was around 15 seconds.

With a wide aperture there was too much colour bleeding and the entire background started to turn red, particularly when really wide down around F1.8. With a particularly narrow aperture there wasn't enough sensitivity and the writing looked naff.

Timing wise, a really long exposure didn't help as it's difficult to trace over the same area of wall with the laser pen so a longer exposure simply allowed more time for things to go wrong so I found the best approach was to opt for the shortest time you can get away with for a decent effect.

An interesting little project and I think Beth liked the result.


2-14-2006
valentine s day photo card
Image by Camera Wences
Valentine's Day cards and flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment