Monday 18 February 2013

Nice Photo Insert Card photos

Untitled (collaborative work IV) by Alice and Joe Woodhouse
photo insert card
Image by Topsy@Waygood
Untitted (collaborative work IV) by Alice and Joe Woodhouse a photographic print with watercolour, 2008

Joe produces artwork that examines our relationship through cinema, digital landscape and simple perspective systems. The labour in production contrasts with the aim of emulating the sublime, creating tension.

Alice's painted shapes of smoke and cloud insert a nomadic presence on to the landscape. Within these billowing shapes the drawings reveal suggestive form focusing on ideas of consumption, creation and destruction and the creative practices of the artist.

NEWS FROM WAYGOOD

This brings us to the end of the Harker Herald series for 2008. It has been a great two years in which we have shown work by 27 artists on our billboard on Shields Road.

As we move into the next exciting phase of Waygood's redevelopment the billboard and cards will become quarterly throughout next year to keep you informed in the lead up to the re-opening of Waygood's major new cultural venue in the centre of Newcastle.

Untitled (collaborative work IV) can be seen throughout December on the Harker Herald billboard outside : Waygood, Harkers Building, 548-560 Shields Road, Byker, Newcastle NE6 2UT.

See www.waygood.org or ring 0191 265 6857 for more information



Using a Pentax K-7 at Fry's
photo insert card
Image by dbkfrog
I finally made it over to Fry's and got a chance to sample a Pentax K-7. I was able to replace the kit lens with my FA50mm f/1.4 and insert my memory card in it so I could save the photos. The camera had a cable attached to it so I was limited on what I could photograph so I took this photo of a nearby Pentax K-x.

Note to Pentax: The salesman in the photo department (wearing a Sony polo shirt) did not even no they had Pentax cameras on display even though there is a K-7 and a K-x sitting there as big as day!


R0010540.JPG
photo insert card
Image by miyagawa
This photo is taken by Minami-san using his new GR Digital 2. Inserting Eye-Fi card to his camera and it just worked.


Educational Values
photo insert card
Image by E_Journeys
Software used were MS Paint and MS Photo Editor (which came with my computer), and PowerPoint to insert the title bar. I wore the buttons back in the 70s. Four class photos combine behind the windows of my grade school (I appear there twice). The "Absence" punch card is from my high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment