Monday 20 May 2013

Nice Photo Card Stock Paper photos

I'm a woman... I can multi task
photo card stock paper
Image by scrappy annie
I've just finished a sketch book so I sat down this morning to decorate the front.
As usual I took a drawing from inside, which I scanned into Photo Shop and then manipulated it and printed it out on to a sheet, using four images to a sheet.
Two of these were to decorate the front and back of the book, and two were "stock images" for cards(Numbers one and six)
I then had a search in my scrap paper box and found some previously prepared strips of card which had flower shapes punched out ( Number two) These were applied round the image as a frame, together with some scraps of gift bags. I also glued scrap paper to pages of my new sketch book (Number 3), and added some gesso.
Whilst glueing the flower strips I noticed that the PVA had come through on to the newspaper I was using as a table protector, so I sprinked embossing powder on the glue, heated with a heat gun and then overpainted with crayons. (Number 7)
I then PVA'd the two remaining images to calico (Number 6) and then when these were dry I overpainted with PVA both these and the journal front.
I then painted copper acrylic paint on to the journal front, and the images, and the remainder of the paint was left on the brown paper bag I had used as a pallet ( No 4). This will be used as either a base for jewellery or to puch flowers. I keep all these paper and painted flowers in an old cheese box( Number 5).
The remaining sample ( Number 8) is from an old table cloth I was cutting up while I was waiting for things to dry. This is intended for the suffrage series.
Of course other things were going on at the same time....the washing machine was rumbling on, I opened the greenhouse and did some watering, I put the four recycling bins out for collection, spoke to my son in Australia via Skype and burned a disk for a friend.
Pretty typical morning at home really!!!
Best viewed large




Grimm Graveyard Limited Print - Sepia
photo card stock paper
Image by cartoonsRcool
Grimm Graveyard Limited Print - Sepia can be found at:
www.etsy.com/listing/111669406/mixed-media-print-grimm-gr...

Photo by cartoonsRcool
Grim Character by - s4ndm4n

Printed on Linen paper with blow torch burned edges. Mounted on 11"w x 8.5"h white card stock. Limited edition print of 13 pieces.

Visit me on Facebook too!
www.facebook.com/cartoonsrcool


Grimm Graveyard Limited Print - Black and White
photo card stock paper
Image by cartoonsRcool
Grimm Graveyard Limited Print - Black and White can be found at:
www.etsy.com/listing/111669584/mixed-media-print-grimm-gr...


Photo by cartoonsRcool
Grim Character by - s4ndm4n

Printed on Linen paper with blow torch burned edges. Mounted on 11"w x 8.5"h white card stock. Limited edition print of 13 pieces.

Visit me on Facebook too!
www.facebook.com/cartoonsrcool

No comments:

Post a Comment