Friday 26 April 2013

Cool Happy New Year Photo Card images

Day 365 - What's Next On The Cards..?
happy new year photo card
Image by Menage a Moi
So - that's it - number 365. I did it! Yay! :-D

As I look back on the year, it's been full of fun - lots of biking - in sunshine and snow - meeting old friends and making new ones - continued good health and of course, my dear Alfie.

There have been some struggles - mainly related to work - but those are all behind me now and I go into 2011 with a real sense of anticipation - even excitement!

Will I do this project again next year? I'll tell you tomorrow....

But I can't finish this one without acknowledging the support of all of my flickrfriends - but especially Cynthia, (even though she talks funny..) Sharon, Peter, Tyla and Judy for always having something to say about my shots. Only those of us who indulge in this madness know how much that helps!

Happy New Year! xx


Worktime Desktop
happy new year photo card
Image by HeyGabe
This is one of those photos that turns up on your card when you're deleteing a bunch of other stuff and you just fall in love with it.

This photo pretty much tells the story of one of my happier days at work, and I thought it might be fun to add a bunch 'o notes to it to expalin what all this stuff is.

I'm sure I was standing over my desk, testing something on the camera when I snapped this. It's the closest I think you can get to ignorant art in photography.

There is one thing closer. Maybe I'll scan that it later. It's a project I did for my College photograhpy class that involved throwing cats and then drawing on a glass plate on the enlarger durring printing. Hmmm...


My creation
happy new year photo card
Image by Albert Ip
1. Magic hands - The cards within..., 2. Heart in Hand, 3. Hand Heart, 4. little hands, 5. Heart with Hands, 6. Loving Hands, 7. holding your heart in your hand, 8. Valentine Pin Badge Series, 9. 23 of 365, 10. He Has My Heart..., 11. I give you my heart, 12. Two Hand Heart, 13. reflective heart, 14. I heart you .. colored, 15. together, 16. L u m o s, 17. Heart of The Matter ~ Day 50, 18. Untitled, 19. Self Portrait Challenge - New Year Resolutions 4, 20. My Heart is in Sink… :), 21. Asma doing the 'heart' symbol with her hands..., 22. Katie-Heart, 23. get some, 24. Heart Mom, 25. heart shadow, 26. 372945_3032, 27. happy flickrversary, to me., 28. Handful of Love, 29. "so this is...", 30. A heart, 31. DSC206 - Love, 32. one heart, 33. Heart Mom, 34. love, 35. Two Beautiful Hearts, 36. { Love You I Do . . }

Created with fd's Flickr Toys.


This is what a kid who has just finished his Sophomore year at art school looks like.
happy new year photo card
Image by Nirazilla
SX-70 Alpha + Sol Exposure's (expired) Polaroid 600 @ Home.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

God damn I am exhausted. Looking forward to going home for a week to just relax, do nothing and get fat again.

Also, I think I'm done with the 365 thing. Maybe I'll do the 52 weeks instead.

Either way, I've recently become addicted to Lou O'Bedlam's photography. I mean, I knew of it and him for a before and had, as any sane individual with an eye for beauty would, loved it. But some gears are turning in my head now.

I'm half way through college.

Already.

What am I going to do with my life two years from now? I've sampled some pretty varied waters. I've done greeting cards, t-shirts, commissions, straight up illustration, and most recently, several branches of photography and gig poster design. While I love drawing, photography gives me a certain inexplicable rush. I don't know why.

This is interesting to be me because I'm a bit of a neophile. I adore the new. And photography is still very new to me. So I'm wondering if this is new fascination is a fleeting thing or if I would eventually like to devote a significant amount of my creative life to it.

I know I have a long way to go if I do.

I don't think anyone who reads these things (save for maybe a select three or four people) knows me. Not well. Just at all. I'm not a very social person by nature. I wouldn't go so far as to call myself misanthropic, but being in a room or around people for too long (ranging a few minutes to an hour or so) makes me anxious. And uncomfortable. This is problematic from a purely technical standpoint in relation to my interest in photography.

Contrary to what you might conclude by looking through my stream, I don't like taking pictures of inanimate objects. They mostly bore me. There's only so much you can say to a wall before you wish it would respond more often. I adore the drama implicit in every human being's face. Think about it. You can't NOT be expressing anything at any given moment through your body. And I like that. That little intrinsic cage of the human condition reminds me of all the other cages we flutter about in and for some reason, that makes me a weird brand of happy. For us to be trapped and together in that sense.

I'm digressing into pseudo-philosophical tangency.
So I think I'll stop.

And laugh at how stupid I look in this pola.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Listening To: The Dillinger Escape Plan - Dead As History.

.milestsang(dot)com.
.facebook love.

No comments:

Post a Comment