Tuesday 2 April 2013

My iPhone 4 home screen

My iPhone 4 home screen
create own photo card
Image by Robert Scoble
I have dozens of apps all arranged into groups. I've added even more apps after taking this photo. You can find my latest here: myap.ps/X3

Here's my groupings:

1. Social
- Buzz (Web). Google Buzz, I love that social network.
- Twitter. The official Twitter app. I find I use this more than others. Originally Tweetie.
- Facebook. The official Facebook app.
- LinkedIn. The official LinkedIn app.
- Scobleizer. Did you know I have an app? Mobile Roadie created this for me and it's great.
- Gist. Great for tracking your favorite contacts.
- HootSuiteLite. Aimed at corporate Twitterers. Still trying to fit this one into my usage.
- Summizer. A Twitter search app. I don't use it much since those features are built into other apps.
- Twitterrific. I mostly got this for the iPad since most of the Twitter apps haven't been ported to the iPad yet.
- Buzzie. An app for reading Google Buzz. I find I just usually use the Web page above, though.
- Seesmic. Lets you post to a bunch of different social networks. That's why I keep using it.
- TweetDeck. I used to use this more before Tweetie, er, Twitter came out with an official app.
2. Utilities
- Settings (Apple)
- Compass (Apple)
- Calculator (Apple)
- Clock (Apple)
- Google Voice (Web, but very well done)
- LogMeIn, lets me log into my home computers and control them, I mostly use this on my iPad.
- textPlus, I don't use this much, gotta play with it.
- Weather (Apple)
- Flashlight, turns your iPhone 4's flash into a flashlight.
- appsfire, syncs my apps and lets my friends compare which ones I have with which ones they have.
3. News
- NPR News
- CNN
- SkyGrid, great aggregator of news. Use it a lot to read mainstream news.
- NYTimes
- Huff Post
- BBC News
- TUAW
- Memeorandum (Web)
- Google News (Web)
- Digg
- Techmeme (Web)
- Hacker News (Web)
4. Travel
- TripIt, my most-used travel app, tracks my flights, hotels, rental cars, and more. Very useful.
- WorldMate, playing with this to see how it compares to TripIt.
- Layar, augmented reality app for finding stuff in strange places.
- TripAdvisor, we love their community and found where to stay on vacation with this.
- Kayak Pro, my favorite way to buy flights.
- TripTik (AAA). Playing with this, but Google Maps seems to be how we got around on our road trip.
- TripTracker, another competitor to TripIt.
- Expedia, buy travel stuff, airlines, hotels, etc.
- TripDeck
- GateGuru
- Roadside (AAA)
- FlightTrack
5. Maps
- Maps (Apple)
- waze, I use this to show other drivers what's going on on the road. Cops, accidents, etc.
- Trapster, see where the cops are hanging out.
- Goby, find stuff to do near you.
- AroundMe, find stuff near you, like restaurants, hospitals, gas stations, etc.
- Google Earth
- UpNext, cool 3D maps of some cities.
- Find iPhone (Apple, find your iPhone if you use MobileMe, useful if you lose your iPhone or it gets stolen)
- ifFoundPlus (message to people who find your iPhone)
- junaio (Augmented reality app, cool, but still trying to figure out how it fits in my life)
6. Food
- Foodspotting (see pictures of food near you, great way to find new restaurants).
- fiddme (I love sharing great food on this with other foodies)
- Yelp (the standard way we find businesses near us)
- OpenTable (make a reservation at a better restaurant near you).
- Epicurious (recipes for making your own food)
- In-N-Out (in California, find an In-N-Out near you).
- Urbanspoon (shake your phone, get an idea for a restaurant).
7. Location
- foursquare (serendipity around location, find friends near you, and find better experiences via tips near you).
- Gowalla, share your favorite things about your favorite places.
- Whrrl, make a story about where you are.
- Glympse, running late to meet someone? Send them a Glympse so they can see where you are.
- Loopt, offers from brands near you.
- DeHood, I'm still trying to figure this out out.
- MyTown, a location-based game. I'm not into it, but millions are.
- Latitude (Web). Google Latitude lets you share your location with your friends.
- ArcGIS, get tons of info about the location you're at.
8. Shopping
- Amazon.com
- eBay
- Best Buy
- Square, take credit cards from your friends so you can sell them stuff.
- RedLaser, aim your camera at a bar code and this will show you stuff about that product, like where to buy it cheaper.
- Groupon, a deal a day.
- Gift Card Exchange, make those gift cards you get more useful.
- StupHub, find concert tickets.
- CardStar, I use this for those loyalty programs. Like Toys-R-Us has.
- PayPal, pay for stuff online.
- Shopping.com (price comparison).
- Apple store (find stuff about apple stores near you).
9. Photo/Video
- Best Camera, nice app for processing photos a bit before you upload them. Done by pro photog Chase Jarvis.
- Photos (Apple's standard app)
- Camera (Apple's standard app)
- Justin.tv, lets me watch live streams from Justin.tv.
- iMovie, lets me edit my videos. From Apple.
- Viewer (Ustream), lets me watch live streams from Ustream.tv.
- YouTube (Apple standard app)
- Pano, lets me stitch together photos to make panaoramic photos.
- PhotoCard, lets me create cards from my photos.
- Light Table 2, I haven't used this much, mostly for my iPad for letting me drag around photos
- YouTube (Web, better than Apple's app)
- Autostitch, better than Pano for doing panoramic photos.


Cardboard Tube Ornament Gift Holders ~ 8 of 9 photos
create own photo card
Image by Urban Woodswalker
Imagination: Cardboard toilet paper tubes, scraps of ribbons, tissue, and odd pieces of left over gift wrap, or newspaper comics create wonderful one of a kind handmade hanging ornaments that also contain holiday gifts like jewelry or gift cards.



Cardboard Tube Ornament Gift Holders ~ 7 of 9 photos
create own photo card
Image by Urban Woodswalker
Imagination: Cardboard toilet paper tubes, scraps of ribbons, tissue, and odd pieces of left over gift wrap, or newspaper comics create wonderful one of a kind handmade hanging ornaments that also contain holiday gifts like jewelry or gift cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment